The OPC Gateway enables efficient, fast and secure data delivery between networked computers while eliminating the need to address DCOM configuration issues, data throughput limitation due to bandwidth, domain restrictions and firewall obstacles.
The OPC Gateway links computers on the Local or Wide area networks. The product has two components: OPC Gateway Producer and OPC Gateway Consumer. The OPC Gateway Producer collects OPC data from one or multiple OPC servers and sends it to the OPC Gateway Consumer. OPC Gateway Consumer is an OPC Server that provides OPC interfaces to the clients.
Configuration is required only for the OPC Gateway Producer, which simplifies the operation of the OPC Gateway and improves its reliability.
- Fast and Reliable data connection
- Secure communication through just one open TCP/IP port
- No programming required
- Simple to configure, takes just minutes
- Supports both Producer and Consumer Redundancy
- Designed for high levels of performance in mission critical applications
- Deterministic Failure modes
- Automatically reconnects OPC links after aborted communications sessions
- Can run as an application or as a Windows Service
- Enables OPC communication between networks
- Eliminates exposure of computers to unauthorized access from the outside
- Eliminates the headaches and risk associated with DCOM connections
- No lost information
- Reliable – Configure, test, run and forget about it !
- Reduces system integration time
- Improves interoperability of different network functions such as communication between Substation Protection & Control with the Process Distributed Control System (DCS)
Interested? Contact us